- Manufacturing of Innovative Energy Saving Industrial Lightings with Built-in LEDs
A project, funded by the Green Industry Innovation Programme in Bulgaria. The overall objective of the Green Industry Innovation programme area is to increase the competitiveness of green enterprises, including greening of existing industries, green innovation and green entrepreneurship.
The project is aiming at developing innovative environmental technology for producing industrial lighting fixtures with built in their corpuses LEDs. The advantages of the new industrial lighting fixtures include:
- Lower working temperature, providing for better luminous flux (at least with 20%) of lm/W (lumens on watts)
- Significantly longer (at least with 50%) exploitation life of the LEDs
- Cheaper price, by 30 - 40%, than the LEDs offered by leaders in the sector
- At least 50% electricity savings and CO2 emissions reduction in comparison with now widespread industrial lightings, for a unit of working time of the ILBLs.
Expected positive results are based on secured effective mutually complimentary cooperation between the project partners, due to their past experience and competences. ENSI involvement in the project includes:
- Introductory evaluation of the energy, economic and environmental benefits of the new products
- Development of an Excel Tool for quick evaluation of the benefits of the new LED lighting products introduced in existing or new facilities
- Evaluation of the energy, economic and environmental benefits achieved with replacement of existing lighting with the new LED lighting products in a real demonstration project.
- Training of ATRA engineers in the tool and methodology applied for evaluation of the energy, economic and environmental benefits of the new LED products. This will enable ATRA to better present and promote the benefits of their new LED products, and thus facilitate large scale introduction/sale.
Partners: ATRA 96 Ltd. and Technical University – Gabrovo
Client: Green Industry Innovation Programme Bulgaria
Location: Bulgaria - Plovdiv
Duration: 11/2014 – 04/2016
- Increasing NGO Involvement in Sustainable Energy Policy Development and Implementation
A project, funded by the NGO Programme in Bulgaria under the European Economic Area Financial Mechanism 2009-2014, under Thematic Area ‘Sustainable development and protection of the environment’
Major objective of this project is to create interest for the formation of school clubs in sustainable energy in Bulgaria. Specific objectives include:
- Ensuring the participation of non-governmental organizations in the promotion of policies for balanced development and sustainable use of natural resources.
- Create sustainable energy clubs in schools and connect them into a network to stimulate active attitude towards environmental protection at local and regional level.
- Providing detailed and comprehensive information on issues of sustainable energy to students and their involvement in practical actions in cooperation with local authorities/school management.
ENSI role in the project comprises the following activities:
- providing training to the Lead Partner representatives and other NGOs who will later train school clubs on sustainable energy;
- support the development of training modules and materials for the school clubs;
- participate in the training of the school clubs on sustainable energy;
- provide examples of successful activities in the field of energy efficiency in schools in Norway and other EU countries to be used in the work of the school clubs;
- support the establishment of contacts with similar school clubs in Norway.
Partners: Euro Perspectives Foundation (Bulgaria)
Client: Open Society Institute – Sofia, Operator of the NGO Programme in Bulgaria under the European Economic Area Financial Mechanism 2009-2014
Location: Bulgaria - Sofia, Burgas, Ihtiman, Balchik
Duration: 02/2014 - 07/2015
- Bulgarian Key Numbers for Energy Auditing of Buildings
Assisting Bulgaria to comply with EU directives and norms on the energy performance of buildings by introduction of the ENSI methods and tools for energy auditing of buildings. This includes development of a Bulgarian version of the ENSI Key Number Software (for calculating the energy performance of buildings, later named EAB Software) and Manuals on Energy Auditing of Buildings, arranging a “training of trainers” programme and training programmes for Bulgarian professionals (supporting the trained trainers), and introduction of the methodology in the University education programmes.
Local partners: Technical University of Sofia, EnEffect
Client: Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Duration: 06/2002 – 05/2005
- Energy Efficiency Strategy to Mitigate Greenhouse Gas Emissions in Bulgaria
ENSI were providing the Lead International Training Consultant the National Capacity Building portion of the GEF project “Energy Efficiency Strategy to Mitigate Greenhouse Gas Emissions in Bulgaria”. Development and implementation of energy auditing and financial engineering education and training activities, focusing on training the trainers. Furthermore, ENSI supporting the trained Bulgarian trainers in implementing new training programmes.
Local partners: EnEffect and local UNDP office
Location: Sofia, Stara Sagora, Gabrovo, Kazanluk, Rousse, Korlova, Blagoevgrad
Duration: 1998 – 2002
- Financial Engineering within the UN ECE project "Energy Efficiency 2000"
Development and implementation of a combined capacity building and project development programme on Financial Engineering, focusing on the development of complete Business Plans for real, concrete projects through an interactive Training Programme. Participants were from Bulgaria, Hungary, Poland, Czech Republic and Slovenia. The primary target was to build capacities and skills enabling the participants to develop, arrange financing for, implement and maintain energy efficiency projects and hence contribute to sustainable development.
Location: Pecs and Budapest, Hungary
Duration: 1996 – 1998